This neighborhood is located on the hill to the right of the BC Ferries ferry terminal at Departure Bay. This area is noted for having beautiful character homes built to enjoy the amazing views of Departure Bay and Newcastle Island. Newcastle Island is a charming local spot that can be easily enjoyed by people who live in Brechin Hill, whether they choose to access it by ferry or private vessel.
For houses in Brechin Hill, decks are large and the windows are tall to accommodate the great views, with steep roads giving the neighborhood an elevated feeling. As this area is close to the ocean, it also has a maritime feel, which is perfect for people who enjoy boating and the beauty of the coastal water views.
- Brechin Elementary– 510 Millstone Ave., Nanaimo V9S 5A9 – 250 754-7523; fax: 250 754-8314, Principal Diane Goodman, Secretary Lynn Hughes; Kindergarten to Grade 7: 168 students
- Claire Elementary – 25 Cilaire Drive, Nanaimo V9S 3C9 – 250 758-7941; fax: 250 751-8840, Principal Mike Ireland, Secretary Darlene Ludvigson; Kindergarten to Grade 7: 205 students
- [email protected] K-7– 3004 Departure Bay Road, Nanaimo V9T 1B4 – 250 751-2197; toll free 1-866-740-2037; fax: 250 758-3915, Principal Scott Saywell, Coordinator Darrell Letourneau, Secretary Sharon Binng
- Wellington Secondary – 3135 Mexicana Rd., Nanaimo V9T 2W8 – 250 758-9191; fax: 250 758-3352, Principal Steve Thompson, Vice-Principals Lisa Peace and Carol Girard, Secretary Judy Willett; Grades 8 to 12: 1032 students
French immersion schools
- Ecole Quarterway Elementary School– 1632 Bowen Rd., Nanaimo V9S 1G6 – 250 754-6845; fax: 250 754-6871, Principal Peter Hewitt, Vice-Principal Margaret Yung, Secretary Barb Hickson; Kindergarten to Grade 7 (Dual track – English and French Immersion): 386 students
Francophone School District 93
- The Conseil scolaire francophone has 38 schools across the province. (250) 714-0761 1951 Estevan Rd, Nanaimo, BC